Premier Inn is the UK and Ireland’s fastest growing hotel company. As the leading hotel operator in its sector, the brand is rapidly expanding across the UK, rolling out innovative new concepts and formats.
Planning and opening 70 new Premier Inn sites demands an efficient management programme – to monitor multiple projects, contractors and teams of employees. Without a central view of activity, the company risked losing sight of all operations – what was happening, where and when – across different projects. As a well-known brand, it was also vital to standardise the new openings programme to ensure that the new openings programme ran as effectively as the rest of the business.
How did we help?
Premier Inn selected Bestoutcome’s PM3 platform – a web-based solution created to manage complex programmes – as it offered a more integrated and ‘smarter’ option to the company’s existing spreadsheet-based system.
Benefits to Premier Inn
By using PM3, Premier Inn has been able to:
- standardise the process of developing and managing a new site opening;
- create milestone reporting for each stage of the process;
- co-ordinate all processes: property, construction, legal, marketing, housekeeping, finance and IT;
- create clear visibility of costs, project progress, contracting and facilities management;
- mitigates risk and ‘project slippage’ to ensure best practice across the portfolio.
Providing a real time, ‘one version of the truth’ view of projects is delivering not only greater efficiencies, but also real visibility of potential risks, problems and resource issues.
Jacqui Allum, Head of New Openings for Premier Inn, said:
“Bestoutcome’s PM3 software is helping the Premier Inn New Opening’s Team make more informed decisions as they deploy new hotel openings.”