Sheffield Health & Social Care NHS Trust choose PM3by Judi Beater (No Comments )
London, UK, May 29th – Bestoutcome, the leading project, portfolio management (PPM) software company, is pleased to announce the roll-out of its PM3 project, portfolio management tool by Sheffield Health & Social Care NHS Trust.
Sheffield Health & Social Care (SHSC) NHS Trust has over 100 projects and programmes that need to be delivered including a large-scale transformation programme. These projects and programmes represent an important and sizeable investment for the Trust and were being managed using Excel, and MS Project.
After an extensive evaluation and several demonstrations, Sheffield Health & Social Care NHS Trust selected Bestoutcome’s, PM3 tool.
Nyssa Watkin, PMO Manager says “We chose PM3 because of their knowledge and understanding of working with change projects and large scale transformation in the NHS. Additionally, we felt this tool was capable of offering a simple yet scalable solution for our growing PMO and Trust wide project and programme management processes.”
Jack Watson, Senior Consultant of Bestoutcome says: “It’s great to see Sheffield Health & Social Care come on board with PM3 and use our latest cloud release which is proving more popular than ever. PM3 is easily configured to accommodate a range of different methodologies or processes within an organisation – whether this is traditional Waterfall, Agile or Prince2. We are delighted to see Nyssa and her colleagues at SHSC start to use PM3 and implement some governance and consistency across the Portfolios and Transformational Programmes.
One of the key benefits of PM3 is the time it will save the PMO and Project Managers compiling their own reports. PM3 holds more than 200 configurable reports which are accessible at the click of a button. Projects can be added to portfolios and reported on in less than a minute. All the information is held in one place providing consistency and visibility across the organisation. PM3 is being used widely in the NHS to track CIP and QIPP programmes, as well as audit trails for CQC audits and performance targets.
Our next steps at SHSC are to ensure that our Resource Management module is well embedded so that Nyssa can easily identify and escalate resource bottlenecks. We are looking forward to continuing our partnership to help drive real value in the PMO and in turn, save time and money by making quicker more informed decisions.
About Sheffield Health & Social Care NHS Trust
We provide a wide range of specialist health and social care services to improve the mental, physical and social wellbeing of the people living in our communities across Sheffield.
We want people to live fulfilled lives and aim to help them achieve this by providing services which work closely alongside primary care (eg GPs) to meet people’s health and social care needs, support their recovery and improve their health and wellbeing.
Our services include:
- Services for adults with drug and alcohol misuse problems
- Psychological therapies for people with mild and moderate mental health problems
- Community-based mental health services for people with serious and enduring mental illness
- Services that support people with a learning disability and their families and carers
- In-patient mental health services for adults and older people
- Specialist services including: Rehabilitation services for people with brain injuries or those living with the consequences of a long-term neurological condition, assertive outreach services for homeless people and members of the traveller community, perinatal mental health services and gender dysphoria services, services for people with eating disorders.
- Primary care services for people of all ages which we deliver through our GP Practices: Clover City Practice, Darnall Primary Care Centre, Highgate Surgery, Jordanthorpe Health Centre and the Mulberry Practice.
As a Trust we are a proud supporter of the Time to Change campaign to end the stigma and discrimination against people with experience of mental health problems. In February 2016 we signed a pledge at our Board of Directors’ meeting to support the campaign, run by the charities Mind and Rethink Mental Illness.
Bestoutcome specialises in Portfolio, Programme and Project Management, always focusing on the overall outcome to ensure successful business change. Bestoutcome’s flagship PPM tool, PM3 has been used in the NHS since 2007. There are now over 20 NHS organisations using PM3 to manage and control their projects.