NHS Health Education England select PM3 as their Enterprise PPM toolby David Walton (No Comments )
London, UK, January 2nd, 2019 – Bestoutcome, the leading project, portfolio management (PPM) software company, is pleased to announce the roll-out of its PM3 project, portfolio management tool by NHS Health Education England
Health Education England (HEE) initially selected PM3 as their portfolio and project management solution in 2015 to support having an efficient centralised approach to its managed initiatives and one that brings the organisations Portfolio into management cohesion, ensuring governance oversight across its landscape.
The arrangement was initially for the supply of service for around 10 users and since then this has increased widely to over 150 users and growing as embedding the tool and usage continues across the organisation. In May 2018 when the 2015 contract was due to conclude, the organisation inevitably needed to undertake a new procurement exercise for future years and decided to test the wider market for similar solutions.
There were almost 20 suppliers who expressed an interest in supplying HEE with a Portfolio Management Tool, which were eventually shortlisted to 3 against the user-set criteria. The procurement process involved testing and scoring the solutions offered against quality (usability, knowledge of requirements, meeting the requirements and experience in similar environment) and costs. The tender exercise needed to take account of the rapid expansion and roll-out of the corporate Portfolio Management solution across the regional footprints.
The procurement process concluded in November 2018 and a final decision was made to continue with the incumbent supplier (PM3) which proved to be comparable to the competition in respect of system functionality, however, it scored highly on offering the best value for money.
David Walton, Director of Bestoutcome, says:
“We are delighted to have been chosen by HEE for their Enterprise PPM partner. We have enjoyed working with the team at HEE and are pleased that PM3 was selected above all the other competitors. The tender exercise was lengthy and exhaustive but was necessary when selecting an enterprise tool for the next three years.”
Anderson John, HEE Portfolio Assurance Manager says:
“We chose PM3 because, it proved comparable to its competitors and at the end of it all offered the best value for money in line with functional and other requirements. We also wanted to build on the success of PM3, relationships built and growth of usage over the last 3 years which inevitably strengthens the case for further roll-out and embedding across HEE”.
About NHS Health Education England
- Health Education England (HEE) support the delivery of excellent healthcare and health improvement to the patient and public of England by ensuring that the workforce of today and tomorrow has the right numbers, skills, value and behaviors, at the right time and in the right place. The organisation comprises of over 2500 staff split across 34 sites.
HEE has five national functions:
- Providing national leadership on planning and developing the healthcare and public health workforce training.
- Promoting high quality education and training that is responsive to the changing needs of patients and local communities, including responsibility for ensuring the effective delivery of important national functions such as medical trainee recruitment
- Ensuring of supply of the health and public health workforce
- Appointing and supporting the development of Local Education Training Boards and
- Allocating and accounting for NHS education and training resources and the outcomes achieved
Bestoutcome specialises in Portfolio, Programme and Project Management, always focusing on the overall outcome to ensure successful business change. Bestoutcome’s flagship PPM tool, PM3 has been used in the NHS since 2007. There are now over 30 NHS organisations using PM3 to manage and control their projects.